Campaign of the Month: June 2014

Battletech : The Farscape Campaign

Episode 117 - Operation : "Whiteout"

“We used to live and die by the rules we made. But our rules, like everything else we built… are breaking down. There’s only one rule left out anyway. One rule above all. Survive.”

Roll Call————————————-Mechs

JP (Pitbull) ————————-——-Atlas
Greg (Fixer)——————————Catapult
Jay (Advocate)—————————Flashman
Chris (Caboose)————————-Thug
Ken (Templar) -————————- Crockett
Scott (Moxie) -————————— Maxim Heavy Hover Tank
Liam (Backdraft) -———————-Awesome

December 1st, 3025 : * Landhold : Garrison : As a new year grows close, the unit leaders began reviewing unfinished tasks. Doctor Max Helmut “Moxie” sent his recently liberated navigational core from the Wreck of the “Concordat Mercy” into the science labs aboard “The Factory” for further analysis. The unit also dug the odd suit of infantry combat armor originally discovered in System – Sligo, closely examining it again (some six years after its discovery). They noted it bore strange “scorpion markings”, somewhat reminiscent of The Tortuga Dominions, and that it was made of an advanced “memory metal”, an odd alloy that seemed capable of being reformed when struck with blunt trauma. The command council discussed various options to do research into this unique system, eventually placing the suit at the attention of the * “The Iron Dingoes Skunkwerks” scientists. A research team would be assigned once its present roster of tasks had an opening.

December 7th : Having access to the HPG, Moxie sent a copy of his recent AI research paper directly to NAIS in New Avalon. Though expensive, he was assured it woudl arrive in a timely manner. Captain Michael Anderson “Fixer” began searching about for a possible source of external research for his own personal tasks, and took possession of his new replacement Mech. MechWarrior Eric Lars “Caboose” began looking into the operations of the two local criminal groups in * Landhold : Garrison; the “Highwaymen” and “The Dead”, but was finding little beyond their present intelligence regarding the organizations.

December 15th : * “The Dead Man’s Hand” signed a new short-term contract with House Davion, Contract – Operation : “Perilous”, and began organizing themselves for shipping off-world, and then engage in the long trip to the Capellan Confederation border. While exact plans were obviously scant, it seemed they were being used to engage in a series of “asset raids”, as a counter to the large war game of troops House Davion had planned, called “Operation Galahad 3026”. The other option had been a very low-paying cadre offer, and the bargaining had been difficult, but they had secured full salvage rights, the key point in all Dingoes contracts. They planned to leave the planet by the 21st.

December 16th : Moxie flew into San Succi on a date with his newest flame, Mia Ospina; she had invited him to “tea” with her grandfather, the patriarch of the Ospina fortunes. He successfully pulled no blunders, and discussed his own personal economic activities, such as various tavernas, as well as his new company Telkom, and his scientific research in the Corazón Jungle, with the “BattleCat Project”. The old man was suitably impressed, and welcomed him back to discuss these matters anytime. It’s rumored he got lucky.

December 20th : Word came from Senior Tech (Research) Sarah “Sharkey” Richmond, she had encountered a 250-ton submarine in the Southern Atlantis Ocean, moving into and then, some hours later, departing from a region of thick ice and underwater mountains. Due to the limited nature of movement, the area granted them an improved opportunity to find anything in the region.

December 21st : Sharkey reported in with a description of having found something, an underwater base of sorts. She reported in that the site was located under a thick ice shelf, and built upon one of the many underwater “mountains”. Large, the facility seemed relatively uninhabited, though the power was obviously active on some limited scale. She described that her scientists and scout would be unable to secure a better vantage point, and was advised to remain passive and back off from the site and sent the location of the site to command.

A plan was quickly enabled, with the intent of the unit to secure the site as quickly as possible. The unit would first send in * “The Werewolves”, to secure the access sites, then would land their DropShips about 12kms south of the site, on the actual ground, rather than the ice shelf. From there, the unit would deploy marines and their Line Infantry, and attempt to seize the site, while their Mechs and armor waited off-site to see what happened. Colonel Kanto Jokukad “Pitbull” chose to take personal command of the marines and infantry during their assault.

December 22nd : Late into the evening, the Werewolves deployed via their Freefall Drop APC and moved across the rugged ice shelf to enter a large cave directly above the facility. They found two Mech-sized elevators, and a deep crater that might allow the landing of a small or medium-sized DropShip, but was best suited to access via K-1 Class Dropshuttle. Securing the entrance, they awaited the arrival of the infantry.

December 23rd : Some hours later, the infantry moved across the broken ice field, and quickly closed to meet the Werewovles. They secured the upper level without resistance, and discovered the facility was under limited power. Using the Mech elevators, they found was a serious drain on power reserves, but they managed to enter the base, dropping into a large central cargo bay,. The most noteworthy aspect of which beyond its cavernous size, were the fur assembly bays holding four partially built TLS-1B Talos. The infantry and marines swiftly moved through the facility discovering it was abandoned, though apparently someone came and went from the facility on a regular basis, roughly every few months to ensure everything was in order, and to harvest the algae tanks of its hydroponics bays.

The Iron Dingoes had secured * Deep Ice One.

They ordered the reassignment of several platoons of infantry from 2nd Ghost Battalion “The Bronze Ghosts” to take up a garrison of the facility, and quietly occupy the site until the other unknown group came back to visit, when they would (hopefully) capture the handful of techs for further interrogation. Several techs were also assigned from the Line Technical Group to study the site and explore the facility.

December 24th : The site secure, command began negotiating with various local manufacturers; AeroAndina from The District of Cauca and Effa Motors, SA from The Oriental Republic of San Isabel. After several days of careful negotiations, they managed to acquire both the tools, dies and blueprints for the Pegasus Utility Helicopter from AeroAndina, and the production line for the chassis of the former Fasana Gillig “Phantom” Mk-2. Both production equipment lines were moved into storage in * Landhold : Garrison, for future considerations.

December 28th : As the year drew to a close, the unit attempted to find out more information regarding why Commandante Jorge Ernesto Vásquez was still supporting his former Content Not Found: elgas military force, but beyond it had somethign to do with his family, they were unable to learn more.

A new year was dawning.



I'm sorry, but we no longer support this web browser. Please upgrade your browser or install Chrome or Firefox to enjoy the full functionality of this site.